Week of August 8th-12th

  • Something I am struggling with this week I had a small typo in one of the active record statements in my capstone projects api, that blocked me for 8 hours.

  • Something I learned this week, I implemented my backend into a docker container, and learned about the goofy naming with docker compose. I look forward to finishing the frontend to connect it to the backend container and further containerization of the application.

  • Something I have gotten better at this week, I feel much better reading technical documentation for different api’s, gems, and library’s. Docker documentation actually isn’t horrible either… wish AWS would take some clues from Docker and Stripe on how to write documentation.

  • Some specific strategies I use to get unstuck are, COLLABORATION, pure and simple thanks to Amanda and Brandon for the help with finding the stupid typo in the active record associations.